TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully as they constitute a binding contract between you and Action Gaming Limited trading under the name and style of “BetArena” (a company duly registered under the laws of Nigeria, with company registration RC 1702279), if you do not accept the Terms and Conditions, do not use the Website, Mobile platform or any other means of placing betting or other transactions. The Terms and Conditions shall also apply to all gaming via mobile devices including downloadable applications to a mobile device.
ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
For You to be qualified as a Customer at BetArena, You will be required to register an account by choosing a unique username and password. You will also be required to fill in Your name, contact address, email address, date of birth (to be sure You are of legal age) and telephone number in the required fields on our website. Kindly take note that only accurate information must be provided, as we would presume that the details You have supplied us with, are true and correct.
It is important to note that betting on our website is not allowed for people who have been prohibited by law from participating in betting. All Customers must be at least 18 years of age, no person under this age is permitted to use the BetArena website or services in any way. Take Notice that BetArena shall not be held responsible for any inaccurate or false information provided by the Customer in relation to age or the legal capacity to use the BetArena website. We may require a registered Customer to furnish us with proof of age at any point we deem it necessary. BetArena reserves the right to verify any Customer’s statement of age and to exclude Customers from its services, if there are any doubts regarding the attainment of the minimum age required. Any Customer using our services, who is identified as underage, shall have all his/her winnings forfeited and his/her (betting) account (hereinafter referred to as the “Account” shall be blocked immediately.
BetArena permits only one account per Customer, the details of which account are saved in our database. If we find out that a Customer has registered multiple accounts with us, we reserve the right to freeze and/or close the accounts immediately, and such Customer shall forfeit all their winnings. We will also not be open to refunding the original deposits of such Customer. It should also be noted that such Customer shall be liable to BetArena for damages and costs incurred as a result of the fraud. We monitor all new registrations to forestall the registration of duplicate accounts.
Every registered Customer is expected to treat their account with utmost care, and they are also expected to be discreet with their unique password to avoid third party interference. BetArena shall not be held liable for unauthorized login owing to Customer’s carelessness and negligence. The Account Holder has the absolute obligation to notify us in writing by sending an email to our Customer Success Team in case they discover the unlawful or unauthorized use of their Username and Password. Please note that, any liabilities arising from such matters shall be the sole responsibility of the Account Holder.
BetArena may engage third-party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions to process payment transactions related to Your Account. It is deemed that You have given BetArena the authorization to instruct such Payment Processors to handle deposits and withdrawals from Your Account in accordance with requests made by You using our Services. By using our Services, You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Payment Processors. BetArena shall not be held liable for unlawful behaviour or misconduct of any Payment Processor.
BetArena does not allow the sale, buying and transfer of Account from one Customer to the other without the express approval of BetArena.
BetArena reserves the right to conduct a security review prior to processing an Account Holder’s request for withdrawal; this is to enable us to validate the identity of the Account Holder and to verify the financial transaction about to take place. We may request an Account Holder to provide a valid means of identification if we find it necessary. If an Account Holder fails, refuses and/or neglects to comply with the security request, BetArena reserves the right to void the account and freeze the balance sum deposited in the account until the Account Holder fully complies with the security request. Account Holders will be notified of such security request via the email address provided by the Account Holder. The necessary documents needed to verify the account include but not limited to:
- A scanned copy of data page of international passport or any government-issued identification card.
- A recent utility bill or Bank Statement showing the name and address of the Account Holder.
- Proof of ownership of the Bank Account supplied to Us.
We recommend that Account Holders send Us their personal identification documents before such requests are made by Us; this will make the withdrawal process seamless whenever the need arises. Account Holders can send those documents to our Customer Success team through email@example.com
DEPOSITS & WITHDRAWALS
- A Customer can make deposit in their BetArena account by making use of one of the deposit payment methods provided by BetArena. Similarly, a customer can make withdrawals from their BetArena account by making use of the withdrawal payment method provided by BetArena.
- When withdrawals are requested, they shall only be paid into the account the Customer provides at the point the withdrawal request was made. BetArena only allows withdrawals to bank account names that match the confirmed name on the Account Holder’s BetArena
- BetArena may be required to conduct a verification check whether at our instance or at the instance of regulatory bodies, to confirm the legal ownership and the source of the money that is being deposited in the account of a Customer. This is in line with the Anti-Money Laundering Laws.
- BetArena may request for some documents including but not limited to a valid Identity Card at the point of withdrawal of money from the account of an Account Holder. For deposits made through bank transfer, credit card or e-wallet, we will conduct a security check before we process the first withdrawal request. We may ask an Account Holder to furnish Us with the following: In cases of card transactions- a copy of both sides of the cards used duly signed by the Owner of the card; A copy of an official document showing the billing address of the Account Holder if it does not match the address registered on the ID; Any other relevant document. Please note that full compliance with our requests will make the security check process seamless.
- Take note that BetArena will require a valid means of identification before We process withdrawal requests for winnings N250,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only) and above; this is in strict compliance with the EFCC Know Your Customer (KYC) Policy. The recognized means of identification are Data Page of International Passport, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card and Voter’s Card. BetArena reserves the right to withhold payment of winnings till validation is complete.
- BetArena will audit all withdrawal requests from betting accounts before processing them. If the audit shows that a Customer has breached our Terms and Conditions, We may reclaim any bonuses or winnings previously attributed.
- Funds deposited in the accounts of Customers are held by BetArena as a Trustee and not as a banker or debtor of the Customers. Consequently, BetArena will be under no obligation to repay money to a Customer as a debtor or as a banker.
- BetArena reserves the right to limit or to totally refuse bets.
- Funds deposited in the Customer’s account by an Account Holder as well as winnings or other amounts not yet credited, shall not attract any interest whatsoever.
- The withdrawal of any funds from the account of a Customer may be delayed by BetArena if there is reasonable suspicion that the winning amount is incorrect, to allow for investigation.
- Withdrawal requests for funds that were deposited without being used to play a game will not be processed; this is to discourage money laundering.
- If We incur any charge-backs, reversals or other charges in respect of Your account, BetArena reserves the right to charge You for the relevant amounts incurred.
- All debits from the Customer’s bank account that do not hit the Customer’s BetArena account/wallet should be reported at the Customer’s bank.
- Withdrawals can be initiated by a Customer by clicking ‘Withdraw’ on the website. This is subject to the Customer having sufficient funds in their betting account.
BONUSES AND PROMOTIONS
- We may make available the bonus offers, promotions or reward programs on the website, your email registered under your Account or social media. You can find more information under your Account and our help pages.
- Your eligibility for the offer or promotion and/or participation in the rewards program will be subject to the terms and conditions for the respective bonus offer, promotion or rewards program available on the website and/or your Account.
- Acceptance of any Bonus results is implicit acceptance of additional terms and conditions we may make available to you in respect of such bonuses, promotions, and special offerings.
- BetArena reserves the right to deny or to terminate any bonuses, promotions and/or special offerings, as well as to modify, suspend or discontinue their validity at its sole discretion and without informing the Customer.
- If groups of customers acting in collusion or as a syndicate or individual customers who register several times, set up fictitious accounts or use front men attempting to rig bonus offers, BetArena reserves the right to call in any bonus payments granted, cancel any winnings made with these bonus offers, refuse to pay out any amounts requested and close accounts.
Some circumstances may arise where a bet is confirmed, or a payment is performed, by us in error. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such circumstances:
- Whenever BetArena erroneously offers prices/spreads/terms significantly dissimilar from those available in the general market (e., based on the market average of authorized betting companies in Nigeria);
- Whenever BetArena erroneously offers prices/spreads/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly wrong given the probability and or possibility of the forecast/prediction occurring;
- Whenever BetArena erroneously accepts a bet on a market which should have been suspended or removed;
- Whenever BetArena erroneously accepts bets that are visibly incompatible with market realities or significantly dissimilar from those available in the general market;
- Whenever BetArena makes a settlement error while computing and/or crediting winning amount;
- Where BetArena erroneously accepts a bet containing contradictory games, because of human or technical error;
- Bets placed with monies erroneously credited in a Customer’s account;
- BetArena can refer to any other situation as an error.
In all these cases BetArena reserves the right to cancel all the bets accepted containing such an error, or to correct the mistake made rectifying all the bets at the correct prices/spreads/terms that should have been available at the time the erroneous bet was placed.
The Customer has an obligation to inform BetArena as soon as possible of any amount wrongly credited on his/her account. BetArena may at any time set off any positive balance resulting from the erroneous operation, as well as cancel possible bets or transactions made with the erroneously credited funds.
Neither we (including our employees or agents) nor our partners or suppliers are liable for any loss resulting from any error made.
All Customers have the obligation to immediately report all errors on their account to our Customer SuccessTeam through firstname.lastname@example.org
or via the Live Chat Box on our platform.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
All Customers agree that BetArena (including its employees and Agent) shall not be held liable for loss(es) arising from any bet placed by the Customer in error.
BetArena does not warrant the constant availability and functionality of all or any products offered by BetArena, and we may not be held liable and will be held harmless by the Customer for any damages, losses, costs, loss of profits or any other disadvantage a Customer may incur in connection with any disconnection from or the non-availability of any of the products offered by BetArena for whatever reason.
BetArena shall not be liable if the Customer is unable to place a bet due to congestion on the sums system or any other electronic communication media used for the purposes of betting.
You agree that your use of the Website and any of the Services is at your sole risk.
DISPUTES ON ERRONEOUS BETS
In the circumstance of a dispute on any bet placed in error, the Customer agrees that the records of the BetArena gaming server shall be used in resolving such dispute and shall act as the final authority in determining the outcome of any claim.
All Intellectual Property in the BetArena websites, including design, text, graphics, adverts, and photographs, are the copyright of Action Gaming Limited. Commercial use of any such material is strictly prohibited. All Trademarks, Domains, Terms and Conditions, Logos, Images, Content and any other material used by BetArena in their products, as well as any other contents or underlying ideas that can be found within our Website, are owned by BetArena and protected by copyright in their entirety and may not be modified, reproduced and redistributed, in whole or in part, without BetArena’s express previous written permission and or approval. All necessary legal actions will be undertaken in order to ensure compliance with this policy.
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- If you wish to make a complaint or a suggestion regarding the Company, the Website or the services offered, as a first step you should send a mail to our Customer Success team through email@example.com You can also chat us up through the Live Chat Box on our Platform. Our Customer Success team comprise of highly experienced and dedicated personnel so you can remain assured of our timely and professional response.
- Our Customer Success team is available between the hours of 7:00am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday. We will process your Enquiries and ensure to come back to you with helpful answers within 24 hours. But not to worry, if we do not respond to you within 24 hours, it may be because of some glitches beyond our control, we will respond to all Enquiries at our earliest possible time.
- Complaints about the acceptance, settlement or resettlement of a bet MUST be raised through our Customer Success team within 20 days from the event occurrence which the bet related to occurred. This is to ensure that all bet related issues are resolved within the defined timeframe in our bet resettlement policy.
- Please note that offensive or rude language, as well as malicious or damaging comments, will not be tolerated while contacting our Customer Success team or while discussing our products and services in any media, social network or forum, regardless of the channel of communication or intensity of the situation. Any infringement of this policy will result in a suspension of the Account or in every additional action as may be required in order to ensure compliance. We implore you to communicate your Enquiries in a calm, professional and mutually respectful manner.
- In the event of a dispute in respect of any bet placed or in relation to any of our Services, the Customer shall first reach out to our Customer Success Team through firstname.lastname@example.org or through our live chat box with the view of amicably resolving such dispute.
In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms and Conditions or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy in respect of the circumstances in question, or operate so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect. In such instances, the part declared invalid or unenforceable shall be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, BetArena’s original intent.
APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE OF JURISDICTION
By accepting these Terms and Conditions and/or placing bets or wagers and/or making use (whether authorized or not) of the Services offered by BetArena through any of our Platforms, you irrevocably agree that the courts in Nigeria shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, BetArena shall be entitled to bring a claim against a Customer in the court of the Customer’s country of domicile.
BetArena shall have the right prior to accepting any bet, temporarily to suspend or permanently to terminate, the provision of betting services to a Customer without providing any reason.
All indicated dates and times are based on WAT (West Africa Time) unless stipulated otherwise.
If you are in a jurisdiction where online gambling is prohibited, you must refrain from accessing the platforms and transacting in any form. BetArena will apply blocking policies where possible however the onus is on the player to ensure compliance to all local regulations.
The betting service is only available in Nigeria and in Nigerian Naira (NGN) only.
We shall take all necessary measures in case of suspected Fraudulent Activity including but not limited to the blocking of your account, freezing of the funds and reserving the right to legal proceedings. Any criminal or suspicious activities will be reported to the relevant authorities.
You are solely responsible for any applicable taxes, where applicable, on any prizes and/or winnings that you collect from your use of the Platform over and above taxes that may collected by us on your behalf. We will deduct applicable taxes, where applicable, from any prizes or winnings prior to payment to you; as a result, you acknowledge and agree that any amounts you receive shall be net of such deductions.